Anatomy of a Footprint Log Home
The supplied package and options:
- Log walls ( in your chosen profile and corner style)
- Hardware to connect and secure the log walls
- Gasket material
- Site specific engineered plans including foundation and sub floor drafting
- siding for gable end walls and dormers (if design requires)
- Paneling or siding for interior of gable walls and dormers (if design requires)
- Interior framed wall studs
- Aluminum wood clad windows and exterior doors.
- Second floor framing along with material for a construction staircase
- Roof framing, sheeting, soffit and fascia material
- Porch material (roof system, posts, beams and decking if design requires)
- Construction consultation
Optional supplied materials:
- Log railings for lofts, stairs, decks and porches
- Log or timber stair systems
- Log girder and joists for second floor (structural or decorative)
- Matching tongue and groove or log siding for interior walls
- Log roof rafters (structural or decorative)
- Deck framing with log post, log headers, railing and decking
- Douglas Fir 1 x 6 lumber for vaulted ceiling or second floor ceilings
Your new home should be perfect for you.
Our collection of ready to build from floor-plan designs provide many options for style, function and comfort. But you don’t have to take them as they are because all Footprint homes can be customized to meet your specific design ideas, layout and style. We are more than happy to help you change our plans or you might have a completely original design in mind. It could even start from a drawing on a napkin!! (we’ve seen it )
Come and talk to us! We will walk you through all the steps necessary to design your own Dream Home.
Some Custom Design Tips;
To start, we recommend thinking about your lifestyle and personal requirements when designing your home. Consider your habits and hobbies. Do you need an attached garage or one connected by a covered breezeway? What about a mudroom for washing the dogs after a day at the beach or the forest! How much storage would you like to have?
Imagine walking through your home. What would add to your quality of life? Are you building this dream to be your final home? If so, think of retirement requirement s: do you go with a single story and do you need to consider wheelchair accessibility?
Also, when planning your custom home, remember to build adequate time into your construction schedule to ensure your design is just right for you. A custom log home is just that: custom. Don’t be tempted to reduce your time frame at the expense of getting the plans correct.
A good way to identify your home specifics is to first select the style of home you prefer, then decide the home size and finally, the interior layout. Too many of us work in reverse, designing floor plans and then don’t know what we want/expect the exterior to look like!
As always, we can help answer questions about your specific plans for your Dream Home. Contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call toll free 877-393-LOGS (5647)