For over 20 years, manufacturing has improved on the classic look and feel of a milled log home with advanced machine cutting and building systems.
Combining a stringent wood quality selection process with kiln drying, milled double tongue and groove and dove tail joints results not only in extremely solid home construction but a reductions in contractor hob-site construction time, therefore, cost.
The entire frame of a Footprint Log Home is produced in the manufacturing facility using Computer Numerical Control (CNC) machinery to cut each piece to exact measurements. this advanced technology also allows us to pre-cut the window and door openings, electrical boxes and chases, so your builder doesn’t have to!
After completion and quality inspection the components are shipped directly to your building site for assembly.
Key Features of Milled Log Homes
- Kiln or air dried and milled to exacting tolerances
- Available in your choice of Douglas Fir, Pine or Western Red Cedar from British Columbia, Canada
- 8″x 8″ Double Tongue and Groove exterior “D” wall logs.
- 8″x 8″ Double Tongue and Groove Flat 2 sides is optional for interior wall logs
- Fully interlocking corner notching to plan specifications
- Window and door openings cut to specifications
- Optional electrical chases and boxes cut to specifications
- Two rows of foam insulating tape for assembly
- SDWS self tapping screws for wall pinning
- Angle cuts on plate logs, roof purlins and ridges for roof slope
- Matching profile log siding for gables