Footprint Log Homes is committed to you and your dream of Log Home ownership, our mission is to assist you in turning your dreams into reality.
Who does not have a budget in mind when it comes to building your dream home?
Here are 10 handy tips to help you stay within that budget!
- Building up instead of out reduces cost of concrete on a large foundation.
- Keep roof lines simple..fancy roofs cost money.
- Keep corners to minimum.. corners are costly to construct.
- Add a ‘Shed Dormer’ in the loft to gain more headroom thereby creating more useable square footage.
- Consider a log burning stove instead of a fireplace, the stove is more energy efficient.
- Consider the positioning of your home to take advantage of the sun in winter when the sun is lower in the sky.
- Use laminate counter top instead of granite, carpet instead of wood floors. Stainless steel appliances will add a big cost to your budget. These are things that can always be upgraded at a later date.
- Milled double tongue and groove logs are more budget friendly than Handcrafted, Timber Frame or Swedish Cope.
- Double hung windows are more cost effective than Casement (wind out) windows
- Your Sweat Equity is where you can really save $$- anything you can do be it laying tiles, painting staining the logs etc. will reduce your overall costs.
Finally and most importantly, if you are financing your project make sure you are pre-approved by your financial institution for the budget you have in mind.
The content of this newsletter represents the opinions of Footprint Log Homes based on our previous experiences. Because every home and every homeowner is unique, we cannot guarantee that your experience will be the same.
Our Manufacturer’s 60,000 sq/ft facility is located in the interior of British Columbia, Canada. This spectacular location provides excellent access to both the highest quality Douglas Fir and Western Red Cedar and world-class shipping facilities.