Footprint Log Homes is committed to you and your dream of Log Home ownership, our mission is to assist you in turning your dreams into reality.
You and Your Budget! 10 Handy Tips
Who does not have a budget when it comes to building your dream home? Here are ten handy tips to help you save money.
- Building up instead of out reduces cost of concrete on a large foundation.
- Keep roof lines simple…fancy roofs cost money!
- Keep corners to a minimum…corners are costly to construct.
- Add a ‘Shed Dormer’ in the loft to gain more headroom thereby creating more usable square footage.
- Consider a log burning stove instead of a fireplace, the stove is more energy efficient.
- Consider the positioning of your home to take advantage of the sun in winter when the sun is lower in the sky.
- Use a laminate counter top instead of granite, carpet and tile instead of wood. Stainless steel appliances will add a big cost to your budget. These are things that can always be upgraded later.
- Milled double tongue and groove logs are more budget friendly than handcrafted, timber frame, Swedish cope or post and beam.
- Double hung windows are more cost effective than casement (wind out) windows.
- And lastly, your sweat equity is where you can really save the $$ – anything you can do, be it laying tiles, painting, staining the logs etc. will reduce your overall costs.
Featured Floor Plan: Osprey
Click for details
Bedrooms: 1 + loft
Square Footage: 1,055
The 1,055 square foot Osprey combines cozy country style and easy upkeep.
This is the perfect weekend getaway home to enjoy with friends or by yourself. The open ﬂoor plan on the main level allows for easy movement between the kitchen, dining and living spaces.
The second story loft bedroom opens to the living area below. The large closet is ample for storing clothes or recreational gear. Access the private balcony from the bedroom.
The content of this newsletter represents the opinions of Footprint Log Homes based on our previous experiences. Because every home and every homeowner is unique, we cannot guarantee that your experience will be the same.
Our Manufacturer’s 60,000 sq/ft facility is located in the interior of British Columbia, Canada. This spectacular location provides excellent access to both the highest quality Douglas Fir and Western Red Cedar and world-class shipping facilities.